I remember plopping my newborn on my lap and reading a lot of books this year. These are the ones I shelved on Goodreads. I wish I had done a better job in using Goodreads then.
- Tears of the Desert: A Memoir of Survival in Darfur by Halima Bashir
- A Crime So Monstrous: Face-to-Face with Modern Day Slavery by E. Benjamin Skinner
- Some Girls: My Life in a Harem by Jillian Lauren
- Organized Crime: An Inside Guide To The World’s Most Successful Industry by Paul Lunde
- Desert Flower by Waris Dirie and Cathleen Miller
- Desert Dawn by Waris Dirie and Jeanne D’Haem
- Desert Children by Waris Dirie, Corina Milborn and Sheelagh Alabaster