Ouch. That hurt. What was I doing in 2015? Ah. I remember. Working too much overtime in a metropolis while at the same time, contemplating a move back to my home country, and still reeling from the emotional distress from losing my best friend – my mother, to cancer the year prior.
But the worst excuse was not owning a Kindle until December 2015. I wish I had jumped on that bus earlier and stopped being a stupid advocate for the “BOOKS ARE REAL, E-READERS ARE TOTAL BS!” farce.
While I read little, I do remember buying a lot of books off Amazon in 2015. Some are still sitting on my shelves calling out my name, often wailing seconds before I hit “purchase” on the Kindle store… Tell me, what’s a bookworm with multiple Kindle devices to do?
- They Poured Fire on Us from the Sky: The True Story of Three Lost Boys from Sudan by Benson Deng
- Snowing in Bali: The Incredible Inside Account of Bali’s Hidden Drug World by Kathryn Bonella
- The Hidden Girl: A True Story of the Holocaust by Lola Rein Kaufman
- American Sniper: The Autobiography of the Most Lethal Sniper in U.S. Military History by Chris Kyle
- Not On Our Watch: The Mission to End Genocide in Darfur and Beyond by Don Cheadle
- Burned Alive by Souad
- Without You, There Is No Us: My Time with the Sons of North Korea’s Elite by Suki Kim
- Slavery Inc: The Untold Story of International Sex Trafficking by Lydia Cacho